Bitcoin price chart
In the chart bellow you can see the current Bitcoin price, which is updated in real time.
Bitcoin is the world’s first cryptocurrency. It uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks. Managing transactions and the issuing of Bitcoins is carried out collectively via a digital ledger known as the blockchain.
Bitcoin is open-source, which means that its design is public and nobody owns it, but everyone can take part.
Bitcoins are divided into smaller units called satoshi, named after the pseudonym used by Bitcoin’s anonymous creator – Satoshi Nakamoto. Each satoshi is worth 0.00000001 bitcoin.
- Ticker symbol: BTC/XBT
- Subunits: 1 satoshi = ₿0.0000001
- Total Supply: ₿21 000 000
- Block time: 10 minutes
- Transaction validation scheme: Proof of Work
- Original Author(s): Satoshi Nakamoto
- Official whitepaper: Bitcoin Whitepaper
- Official Website: www.bitcoin.org